A Beginner’s Guide To Chakra Meditation
Chakra mediation allows one to open up their chakras and get their dormant energy flowing in the right direction. The first step to this practice is to be aware of the seven main chakras.
First of all, we have the Crown Chakra located on the top of our heads, which connects us to our divine guidance. Next, just between the eyes is the Third Eye Chakra which guides our intuition. Then, we have the Throat Chakra located near our thyroid that is associated with self-expression and communication. Beneath that in our chest, we have the Heart Chakra that rules our empathy and emotions.
After this, we have the Solar Plexus chakra located above our belly button, which controls our personal power and will. Next, in the pelvis region, the Sacral Chakra exists which is connected to our creativity and sexuality. In the end, at the base of our spine, we hold the Root Chakra which is connected to our security and stability.
Align Your Chakras
- Choose a place that is free from distractions and carve out a time in your schedule so you can be free from disturbances. You can set the environment up with music to further add to your calm
- Sit in a comfortable pose or you can lay down. Try to make yourself as comfortable as possible, close your eyes and take deep breaths. Relax your muscles and try to stay in the present moment. You can put your hand on your body if you need to focus.
- Start with visualising your root chakra. Imagine it to be a vortex of energy spinning. Slowly breathe in to imagine light flowing into this chakra. Then breathe out while imagining negative energies moving away from the chakra.
- Do this for the rest of the chakras going all the way up to the Crown Chakra.
- Visualise all your chakras being aligned and spinning together while you take breaths.
- Slowly open your eyes when you feel you are done!